Assistance Available for Members Impacted by Midwest Tornadoes
During a natural disaster, you never know where you may end up. We at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) understand that many of our members may be displaced as a result of the tornadoes and severe weather in southern Illinois and other communities in the Midwest region.
BCBSIL is prepared to assist our members who live, go to school, work or are traveling in the communities impacted by the severe weather by:
- Explaining the options for accessing care.
- Helping to locate a network provider, hospital or dialysis center.
- Assisting with early refills of prescription medications.
- Working to ensure transition of care or continuity of care needs.
Please follow these helpful tips:
- For an emergency situation, you should go directly to the nearest hospital.
- For non-emergency care needs, you can call the customer service number on the back of your ID card to locate a network provider.
- When arriving at the participating doctor's office or hospital, you will need to present a BCBSIL ID card.
- If you have misplaced your BCBSIL ID card, need help finding care or have coverage questions, our customer service advocates are available to assist you. You can also log in to Blue Access for MembersSM or access our mobile site to search for a doctor and access your ID card and electronic health records.
- Participating health care providers can also access your electronic health records at the point of care through the CareProfile® tool.
- BlueCard participants can call 800-810-BLUE (2583) to be routed to the appropriate customer service center.
IMPORTANT BLUE CROSS PHONE NUMBERS
- Member Services Hotline: 800-521-2227
- Federal Employee Information: 800-676-BLUE (2583)
- National BlueCard Access: 800-810-BLUE (2583)