Alert for Members Affected by Wildfires
Alert Concerning Coverage for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) Members
During a natural disaster, you never know where you may end up. We at BCBSIL understand that many of our members may be displaced as a result of this season's wildfires.
We are prepared to assist those who have special needs concerning access to care and prescription medications during their displacement.
If you are a BCBSIL member and need our help with temporary measures, such as early prescription refills or an exception to the requirement to see a network provider, our customer advocates are authorized to work with members to take care of their needs.
Doctors and pharmacies will need your member ID number and a photo ID so they can verify your membership and file the claim with us.
If you do not have your member ID card, need help finding care or have coverage questions, call the customer service number listed below and our representatives can assist you.
Other Blue Plans' Members Living in Illinois
If you are a member of another Blue Cross and Blue Shield plan who lives, goes to school, works or has dual residency in Illinois and are displaced by the disaster, you can access medical care through the BlueCard® national program. You will need to have your member ID card with the BlueCard suitcase logo in the lower right-hand corner.
- If you have an emergency situation, go directly to the nearest hospital.
- For other care needs, call BlueCard Access at 800-810-BLUE (2583) to locate a network provider.
- When you arrive at the participating doctor's office or hospital, present your BCBSIL ID card. If you lose your ID card due to the disaster, call the BCBSIL BlueCard customer service number listed below, or log in to Blue Access for MembersSM.
BCBSIL is prepared to help members who have been displaced by:
- Explaining the options for accessing care.
- Helping to locate a BCBS network provider in Illinois.
- Working to ensure transition of care or continuity of care needs are identified.
Important Blue Cross Phone Numbers
- BCBSIL Customer Service for all group plan members:
- BCBSIL Customer Service for individual/family policy holders:
- BCBSIL Customer Service for Medicare Supplement policyholders:
- BCBSIL BlueCard: 800-676-BLUE (2583)
- National BlueCard access: 800-810-BLUE (2583)